Catastrophic events often cause severe harm to those involved, and in just a few short moments, these accidents may change your everyday routine. The Falling Forward Foundation states that over 1 million people suffer catastrophic medical events annually, and many of these people are unable to fully recover because of monetary barriers. From traumatic brain injuries to strokes, these injuries cause severe damage and hinder many people’s physical abilities.
If you or a family member has suffered because of someone else’s carelessness or neglect, consider seeking guidance from an experienced personal injury attorney. The Offices of J.G. Winter will work to advocate your rights and negotiate compensation for your injury.
What Are Types of Complex or Unusual Injuries?
Personal injuries often include whiplash or sprains. The most severe accidents may be more likely to result in uncommon injuries that are not simple to treat. People who experience traumatic events should have proper legal representation. Those affected by the carelessness of others should not have to suffer alone and may be able to seek compensation from the responsible party.
A few different types of catastrophic injuries include:
- Physical injuries: These injuries may include organ damage, severe burn injuries, amputation, severe fractures, or damage to muscular function.
- Spinal cord injuries: When in a serious accident, these injuries may permanently affect mobility within the body and sometimes cause paralysis.
- Cognitive injuries: Injuries caused by traumatic events can result in mild to severe brain damage that may affect a person’s ability to work, speak, or use other brain functions.
These types of injuries often result from rare occurrences, such as driving your car into a neighbor’s unauthorized ditch. Even though these cases are unlikely, it’s vital to seek legal assistance when they do happen.
Long-Term Effects of Catastrophic and Complex Injuries
You may recover quickly from some injuries through therapy or medications, but some complex conditions and injuries can have severe effects on your life. Some examples of long-term consequences that may result from complex or unusual injuries are listed below:
- Acute scarring or disfigurement
- Permanent disability or loss of function
- Lifelong prescription medications
- Vision loss
- Hearing loss
- Incapacity to work a full-time job
- Necessary lifetime care, assistance, or accommodations
- Prosthetics or assistive devices
Not only can long-term effects form physical and psychological barriers, but they can also lead to monetary and accessibility difficulties.
Should I Hire a Personal Injury Attorney After Suffering a Complex Injury?
When seeking compensation and legal assistance, a personal injury attorney can advocate for your rights and negotiate your compensation. There are many ways for an experienced legal professional to help assist with your claim.
The following provides examples of what a personal injury lawyer can contribute to your case:
- Performing daily legal duties
- Answering your questions
- Gathering evidence from injuries and accidents
- Negotiating final settlements
- Discussing claims with insurance companies
- Reviewing insurance documentation
Whether it’s translating terminology or answering your questions, having a personal injury attorney beside you every step of the way may lessen the stress and weight on your shoulders.
Trust in Experienced California Attorneys for Your Personal Injury Case
When you’ve suffered a complex or unusual injury due to someone else’s negligence in Sacramento or across California, the Law Offices of JG Winter are here to assist with your claims. With years of legal experience and a passion for serving our clients, our personal injury attorneys are passionate about assisting accident victims with just and fair compensation for the severe harm they’ve suffered.