Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycles are a popular form of transportation for those motorists who wish to feel the exhilaration and excitement of the ride. While a motorcycle is a great way to enjoy scenic views while transporting from one place to the next, they can be dangerous. There are several thousand motorcycle accidents that result in death each year in the United States. Motorcycles do not provide much protection to drivers, so when an accident does occur, the driver may be left exposed and vulnerable to a severe injury or worse. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident that has left you injured, you may be entitled to financial compensation for any damages you have suffered as a result.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Schedule A Free Case Evaluation Today!
EXPERIENCED MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS IN SACRAMENTO
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
Jeremy Winter of the Law Offices of J.G. Winter is an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer helping victims in Sacramento, California, seek compensation for their injuries. Attorney Winter understands that the process of filing a motorcycle accident claim may be stressful for recovering victims. That is why he is proud to help his clients with personalized service as they get through this tough time. No one should have to go through this process alone, and when you partner with Attorney Winter, you will receive the unique and dedicated representation you deserve.
What is California Law Concerning Motorcycle Accidents?
An accident involving a motorcycle is considered to be a motor vehicle accident in the state of California. If an accident involving a motorcycle occurred due to another person’s negligence, the injured party has up to two years from the accident date to file a motorcycle accident claim. Regarding motorcycle accidents, California follows an at-fault system in which the victim must file their claim with the other party’s insurance provider to pursue financial compensation.
What Are Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Sacramento?
An accident may occur when you least expect it. There are countless ways an accident may occur, but some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Left turning cars: When a motorcyclist is driving straight through an intersection or attempting to pass another vehicle, a left-turning car may not see the motorcycle. While this is a common cause for all types of motor vehicle accidents, it is hazardous for drivers of motorcycles due to the sheer size and impact of a larger vehicle like a car or truck.
- Inexperienced riders: Just because someone knows how to operate another motor vehicle like a car or truck does not mean that they can drive a motorcycle. Motorcycles are a type of vehicle that takes skill and practice to operate safely.
- Lane splitting: A motorcyclist may drive between two lanes to avoid traffic or move around a vehicle, but lane splitting can be dangerous if another driver does not notice the motorcyclist and hits them when attempting to change lanes.
- Blind spot: Due to the size of a motorcycle, they are less visible when in another driver’s blind spot. It is essential for other drivers to do their best to pay attention to the location of a motorcyclist and thoroughly check their blind spot before changing lanes.
- Speeding: Speeding may cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle and cause an accident.
- Distracted driving: If drivers are distracted by texting or changing a song, they may not notice a motorcyclist and hit them.
- Driving under the influence: Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is not only illegal, but dangerous. It is crucial that you do not get behind the wheel of a vehicle if you plan to drink.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident due to another person’s negligence, you may want to partner with a trusted motorcycle accident lawyer who may be able to help you build a strong injury claim.
Common Injuries Suffered by Victims of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents tend to leave victims with severe injuries due to the lack of protection with which the vehicle provides drivers. If you have suffered any of the following injuries due to a motorcycle accident, you should immediately seek medical attention and get in touch with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer:
- Head injuries or traumatic brain injuries
- Neck, back, or spine injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cuts or lacerations
- Internal bleeding
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
No matter the severity of your injuries, you deserve to be compensated for the losses you have suffered due to the other person’s negligent acts.
Damages You May Be Eligible to Receive
Following a motorcycle accident in Sacramento, you may be eligible to receive damages for the losses you may have suffered:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost pay
- Lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering
Attorney Winter has the knowledge and experience to help you understand what damages you may be eligible to receive.
Local Courthouse – Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Sacramento, CA
If you or your loved one have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Sacramento, California, we know you are going through a tough time. Hiring the right motorcycle accident lawyer can make a significant difference when dealing with such a difficult time. You will spend hours and hours at your local Sacramento Courthouse trying to figure out what to do on your own. If you don’t hire a lawyer, you might waste countless hours and likely receive less settlement than you could have gotten with professional help. That’s why hiring the right lawyer can help to resolve your case and settle it faster. Most importantly, you’re more likely to receive a larger settlement.
At J.G. Winter Law, we’re here to help, and it won’t cost you anything to consult with us. If you have any questions or want to know how much you might be owed, contact us for a free consultation. In California, you have up to 2 years to file a claim and sue for compensation. If you decide to go to the court by yourself, you can find Sacramento County Courthouse at 720 9th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814. But, if you want professional help, our motorcycle accident lawyer in Sacramento would gladly assist you.
Call Us Today – 844.734.2626 To Learn More !
Partner With a Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Even the safest drivers can be a victim of a motorcycle accident. Healing from injuries caused by an accident can be a difficult time for victims, which is why partnering with our Sacramento personal injury lawyer may help you as you build your injury claim.
Jeremy Winter is dedicated to helping victims of motorcycle accidents in Sacramento, California. Attorney Winter has extensive experience helping his clients with their injury claims, providing them with the unique and personalized representation they deserve. To set up a free consultation, complete our online contact form or call (844) 734-2626.
FAQs about Motorcycle Accidents
What Is The Statute Of Limitations For A Motorcycle Accident In California?
The statute of limitations for a motorcycle accident claim in California is generally two years from the accident date. However, it’s crucial to initiate legal action within this time frame, as failing to do so may result in losing your right to seek compensation.
Do I Need A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer To Represent Me In Sacramento?
While it’s not legally required to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer, it’s highly recommended. Motorcycle accidents can be complex, and an experienced lawyer can navigate the legal process, gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and advocate for your rights to ensure you receive fair compensation. You can contact our Law Offices of JG Winter to help you with your motorcycle accident case.
How Is The Value Of My Motorcycle Accident Claim Determined?
The value of a motorcycle accident claim is determined by considering multiple factors, such as
- the extent of injuries,
- medical costs,
- lost income, and
- property damage
Additionally, the accident’s severity, the level of negligence from the defendant, and the available insurance coverage can also impact the overall worth of the claim.
How Long Does A Motorcycle Accident Claim Take To Settle?
The duration of a motorcycle accident claim can vary depending on factors such as
- the case’s complexity,
- the extent of injuries, and
- the willingness to negotiate.
Some claims may settle within a few months, while others may take longer, potentially even years, if the case goes to trial.
Are There Any Special Laws That Are Enforced On Motorcycle Driver’s License Holders Only?
Motorcycle riders with valid driver’s licenses can practice lane splitting when traffic is flowing slowly or has stopped. However, it’s important to note that high-speed lane splitting is considered dangerous and is expressly prohibited by law.
What Evidence Do I Need To Prove My Motorcycle Accident Claim?
To establish your motorcycle accident case, you may require the following evidence:
- A medical report detailing your injuries and the associated pain you are experiencing.
- Reports from law enforcement agencies such as the police, CHP (California Highway Patrol), or DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles).
- Photographs or videos depicting the accident’s location.
- Any available footage captured by security cameras.
- Testimonies from witnesses who observed the incident.
- Documentation or photographs demonstrating any road damage.
- Written evidence indicating the negligence of the other party involved (defendant).
Can I Still File A Claim If I Don't Have Insurance?
Yes, you can still file a claim even if you don’t have Insurance. However, it’s important to note that California follows a “fault” system, so insurance coverage can affect your ability to recover compensation. If you were not at fault for the accident, you could seek compensation from the at-fault party or their insurance provider.
What Should I Do If The Insurance Company Denies My Claim After A Motorcycle Accident In Sacramento, CA?
If the insurance company in Sacramento rejects your motorcycle accident claim, it is advisable to contact your state’s insurance department or seek legal counsel. Promptly report the claim and ensure you have the information about the other driver and evidence of the accident readily available. Filing the claim with your insurance company rather than the other driver’s insurer is crucial.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Sacramento work on a contingency fee basis. This means they only receive a payment if they successfully recover compensation on your behalf. The typical contingency fee is a percentage of the settlement or court award, typically agreed upon with the lawyer.
Visit Us Today
Law Offices of J.G. Winter
1540 River Park Dr
Sacramento, CA 95815