Motorcycles are a popular form of transportation for those motorists who wish to feel the exhilaration and excitement of the ride. While a motorcycle is a great way to enjoy scenic views while transporting from one place to the next, they can be dangerous. There are several thousand motorcycle accidents that result in death each year in the United States. Motorcycles do not provide much protection to drivers, so when an accident does occur, the driver may be left exposed and vulnerable to a severe injury or worse. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident that has left you injured, you may be entitled to financial compensation for any damages you have suffered as a result.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Sacramento
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW TODAY
Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Jeremy Winter of the Law Offices of J.G. Winter is an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer helping victims in Sacramento, California, seek compensation for their injuries. Attorney Winter understands that the process of filing a motorcycle accident claim may be stressful for recovering victims. That is why he is proud to help his clients with personalized service as they get through this tough time. No one should have to go through this process alone, and when you partner with Attorney Winter, you will receive the unique and dedicated representation you deserve.
What is California Law Concerning Motorcycle Accidents?
An accident involving a motorcycle is considered to be a motor vehicle accident in the state of California. If an accident involving a motorcycle occurred due to another person’s negligence, the injured party has up to two years from the accident date to file a motorcycle accident claim. Regarding motorcycle accidents, California follows an at-fault system in which the victim must file their claim with the other party’s insurance provider to pursue financial compensation.
What Are Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Sacramento?
An accident may occur when you least expect it. There are countless ways an accident may occur, but some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Left turning cars: When a motorcyclist is driving straight through an intersection or attempting to pass another vehicle, a left-turning car may not see the motorcycle. While this is a common cause for all types of motor vehicle accidents, it is hazardous for drivers of motorcycles due to the sheer size and impact of a larger vehicle like a car or truck.
- Inexperienced riders: Just because someone knows how to operate another motor vehicle like a car or truck does not mean that they can drive a motorcycle. Motorcycles are a type of vehicle that takes skill and practice to operate safely.
- Lane splitting: A motorcyclist may drive between two lanes to avoid traffic or move around a vehicle, but lane splitting can be dangerous if another driver does not notice the motorcyclist and hits them when attempting to change lanes.
- Blind spot: Due to the size of a motorcycle, they are less visible when in another driver’s blind spot. It is essential for other drivers to do their best to pay attention to the location of a motorcyclist and thoroughly check their blind spot before changing lanes.
- Speeding: Speeding may cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle and cause an accident.
- Distracted driving: If drivers are distracted by texting or changing a song, they may not notice a motorcyclist and hit them.
- Driving under the influence: Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is not only illegal, but dangerous. It is crucial that you do not get behind the wheel of a vehicle if you plan to drink.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident due to another person’s negligence, you may want to partner with a trusted motorcycle accident lawyer who may be able to help you build a strong injury claim.
Common Injuries Suffered by Victims of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents tend to leave victims with severe injuries due to the lack of protection with which the vehicle provides drivers. If you have suffered any of the following injuries due to a motorcycle accident, you should immediately seek medical attention and get in touch with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer:
- Head injuries or traumatic brain injuries
- Neck, back, or spine injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cuts or lacerations
- Internal bleeding
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
No matter the severity of your injuries, you deserve to be compensated for the losses you have suffered due to the other person’s negligent acts.
Damages You May Be Eligible to Receive
Following a motorcycle accident in Sacramento, you may be eligible to receive damages for the losses you may have suffered:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost pay
- Lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering
Attorney Winter has the knowledge and experience to help you understand what damages you may be eligible to receive.
Call Us Today – 844.734.2626 To Learn More !
Partner With a Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Even the safest drivers can be a victim of a motorcycle accident. Healing from injuries caused by an accident can be a difficult time for victims, which is why partnering with a personal injury lawyer may help you as you build your injury claim.
Jeremy Winter is dedicated to helping victims of motorcycle accidents in Sacramento, California. Attorney Winter has extensive experience helping his clients with their injury claims, providing them with the unique and personalized representation they deserve. To set up a free consultation, complete our online contact form or call (844) 734-2626.
Visit Us Today
Law Offices of J.G. Winter
1540 River Park Dr
Sacramento, CA 95815