Sacramento Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer
We, J. G. Winter Law, are a reputed personal injury law firm in California. We are dedicated to helping reckless driving accident victims navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation they deserve. Our Sacramento’s seasoned reckless driving accident attorneys can handle your case and alleviate your burden. They fight for justice and provide you the time and space to focus on recovery.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Schedule A Free Case Evaluation Today!
WE HAVE HELPED THOUSANDS OF CAR ACCIDENT VICTIMS
Reckless Driving Attorney in Sacramento
Providing the Best Legal Representation
We expect to arrive at our destination safely when we set out on the road. Unfortunately, the risk of being involved in a car accident due to another driver’s reckless actions is a grim reality. Moreover, navigating the aftermath of a reckless driving accident can be a distressing experience, especially if you were severely injured. Understanding the legal complexities, handling medical bills, and dealing with insurance companies can become overwhelming, leaving you in a distressing situation. A Sacramento reckless driving accident lawyer becomes valuable in such cases.
Reckless Driving In Terms Of Car Accidents
Reckless driving is a significant violation that indicates a driver’s blatant disregard for the safety rules and laws designed to keep everyone safe on the road. It can include various actions, such as speeding excessively, weaving through traffic, and ignoring traffic signs. When such behavior results in an accident, the repercussions can be devastating. These drivers knowingly put themselves and others in danger, resulting in severe, sometimes fatal, car accidents. If you’re a victim of such a crash, consult a reckless driving accident lawyer in Sacramento, as they can help you seek justice and compensation for your damages.
California Reckless Driving Laws
Reckless driving is a serious criminal offense in California. According to California Vehicle Code (CVC) 23103, a person is guilty of reckless driving when they drive a vehicle on a highway disregarding the safety of other persons or property. A conviction can result in penalties such as fines, probation, or even imprisonment. If such a driver has injured you, consider a Sacramento personal injury attorney to pursue a claim against them. Understanding the California reckless driving laws below may help you build a strong case.
What is Considered Reckless Driving?
Reckless driving involves intentionally disregarding the safety of others and traffic laws while driving. It can include behaviors such as:
- Dangerous maneuvers,
- Street racing,
- Knowingly operating a dangerous vehicle, and
- Intentional violations of traffic rules such as deliberately running red lights
Penalties for Reckless Driving
If found guilty, one may face a sentence of up to 90 days in jail and fines of up to $1,000. In addition, a conviction for reckless driving counts as two points on your driver’s license. Penalties may include impounding your vehicle for up to 30 days and suspending your driver’s license.
Reckless Driving Causing Bodily Injury
If reckless driving causes bodily injury to a person, it is considered a separate offense under California law. The victim must prove that the other party was driving recklessly, resulting in their injuries.
Sacramento, California Vehicle Code For Reckless Driving
The California Vehicle Code for reckless driving is 23103. The code states that a person who drives a vehicle on a highway in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving. Reckless driving can include speeding, street racing, aggressive maneuvers, and knowingly operating a dangerous vehicle.
In some cases, a reckless driving charge may be reduced to a violation of Section 23103 of the Vehicle Code, known as “wet reckless driving.” It applies to drivers charged with driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Reckless Driving Accident Causes
Reckless driving accidents are often the result of a wide range of irresponsible and illegal driving behaviors. Let’s look at some reckless driving accidents causes.
- Speeding: Speeding is a common cause of reckless driving. When drivers exceed the speed limit, their control over the vehicle decreases, the distance required to stop increases, and the severity of an accident escalates.
- Distraction: Distraction can lead to reckless driving accidents. It includes activities that take the driver’s attention away from the road, like texting, eating, adjusting the radio, or engaging with passengers.
- Drunk Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs severely impairs a driver’s decision-making ability, making them a hazard on the road. It reduces reaction time, impairs judgment, and compromises motor control.
- Road Rage: A driver’s emotional state can cause reckless driving. Anger and frustration can lead to aggressive driving behaviors like tailgating, sudden lane changes, or confronting other drivers.
- Inadequate Vehicle Maintenance: Poorly maintained vehicles are accident-prone. Brake failure, tire blowouts, or engine failure while driving can lead to reckless driving accidents.
- Ignoring Traffic Rules: Disregarding traffic rules and signals is another common cause. It includes running red lights or stop signs, illegal turns, and wrong-way driving.
- Inexperience: Inexperienced drivers may need more skills to navigate the roads safely, leading to reckless driving. Lack of experience in handling emergencies can result in accidents.
- Drowsy Driving: Fatigue impairs a driver’s ability to operate a vehicle safely. It slows reaction time, impairs judgment, and can even lead to falling asleep at the wheel.
- Racing: Illegal street racing is a reckless activity that can cause severe accidents. The high speeds, sudden maneuvers, and competitive behavior make racing extremely dangerous.
- Weather Conditions: Reckless drivers often need help to adjust their driving behavior in adverse weather conditions, such as heavy rain, fog, or snow, leading to dangerous situations.
Reckless Driving Accident Injuries
Victims of reckless driving accidents can suffer from various injuries, ranging from minor cuts and bruises to life-threatening conditions. Some common reckless driving accident injuries are listed below.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Sudden impacts can cause traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). These injuries range from mild concussions to severe brain damage, potentially leading to long-term cognitive issues or death.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: In a reckless driving accident, the impact can damage the spinal cord. This injury could result in partial or complete paralysis, requiring lifelong care.
- Broken Bones: The force of a collision can break bones. These injuries may take a long time to heal, possibly leading to permanent disability.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury due to forceful, rapid back-and-forth neck movement. It’s common in rear-end car accidents and can lead to chronic neck pain and other related problems.
- Internal Injuries: The impact of a car accident can cause internal injuries, including damage to organs, internal bleeding, and rib fractures. These are serious injuries that require immediate medical attention.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Flying glass, torn metal, and loose objects in the car can cause cuts and lacerations in a car accident. These injuries can range from minor to severe; in some cases, significant blood loss can occur.
- Burns: Occupants can suffer burns if a vehicle catches fire or explodes after a crash. These injuries can lead to pain, scarring, and sometimes infection.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Not all injuries are physical. Some reckless driving accident victims may develop PTSD, an emotional condition resulting from a traumatic event.
- Loss of Limbs: In severe accidents, occupants can suffer extreme injuries that an arm, leg, or other body part must be amputated.
- Fatalities: In the most severe cases, reckless driving accidents can result in deaths, leaving families and friends to cope with losing a loved one.
A Sacramento reckless driving accident lawyer can assist in holding the responsible party accountable and negotiate with insurance companies to help you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
Reckless Driving Accident Liabilities
Determining liability in a reckless driving accident can be complex as multiple parties may be responsible for an accident.
- The Reckless Driver: Primarily, the reckless driver is held accountable for the accident. Their disregard for traffic rules and safety is a clear violation, making them liable for the damages.
- Vehicle Manufacturers: The vehicle manufacturer could be held responsible if the accident was caused due to a vehicle defect. For instance, a faulty braking system could cause the driver to lose control, leading to an accident.
- Government Entities: Poorly designed or inadequately maintained roads can contribute to reckless driving accidents. In such cases, the government entity responsible for the road’s upkeep may be liable.
- Employers: If the reckless driver operated a vehicle for work purposes, the employer could be liable under certain circumstances.
A reckless driving accident lawyer in Sacramento can help you determine the responsible parties and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call Us Today – 844.734.2626 For Free Consultation !
Contact A Top Rated Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer In Sacramento
If you’ve been a victim of a reckless driving accident, consult a top-rated Sacramento reckless driving accident lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you get legal representation, the stronger your chances of securing the justice and compensation you deserve. J.G. Winter Law is highly experienced in handling reckless driving cases. Our reckless driving accident attorneys in Sacramento thoroughly understand the devastating impact these accidents can have on victims and their families. We help you navigate complex legal procedures, negotiate with insurance companies, and take the case to trial, if necessary. Contact us for a free consultation today.
Local Courthouse – Car Accident Lawyer Near Sacramento, CA
If you or your loved one have been involved in a car accident in Sacramento, California, we know you are going through a tough time. Hiring the right car accident lawyer can make a significant difference when dealing with such a difficult time. You will spend hours and hours at your local Sacramento Courthouse trying to figure out what to do on your own. If you don’t hire a lawyer, you might waste countless hours and likely receive less settlement than you could have gotten with professional help. That’s why hiring the right lawyer can help to resolve your case and settle it faster. Most importantly, you’re more likely to receive a larger settlement.
At J.G. Winter Law, we’re here to help, and it won’t cost you anything to consult with us. If you have any questions or want to know how much you might be owed, contact us for a free consultation. In California, you have up to 2 years to file a claim and sue for compensation. If you decide to go to the court by yourself, you can find Sacramento County Courthouse at 720 9th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814. But, if you want professional help, our car accident lawyer in Sacramento would gladly assist you.
Visit Us Today
Law Offices of J.G. Winter
1540 River Park Dr
Sacramento, CA 95815